Do any of you ever get across to the uk for the Festival of Quilts, which is held in Birmingham at the end of July/beginning of August every year?
I’ve just spent 4 days there investigating the stalls and what they’re selling, helping a friend on her stall, admiring the 800 or so quilts that were entered for judging and on the final day I was stewarding. It’s a huge show and well worth a visit. I’ve spent lots of time there chatting to people from Iceland, Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Australia and America. The huge diversity of nationalities never fails to amaze me.
Hi all. As an ex-member I wasn’t sure if the group was still going until I saw a post on Facebook. I looked up the website to see who the current members are, but it doesn’t seem to have been updated for a long while.
ReplyDeleteI've only ever been there once years ago, when we were visiting family in England. I loved the show, but getting back to Manchester was horrendous. The train was really expensive, so I went by coach, but all the traffic on the motorway coming up from London was stopped because of a lorry shedding a load of oil, and the return coaches were cancelled. After waiting several hours, the coach company loaded us all into taxis, and I arrived back at Manchester airport at midnight. There were no buses and the airport was closing. I managed to find a payphone, ring my husband and get him to pick me up after dodging through the closing airport. It rather put me off going back!!
ReplyDeleteOh that is a shame. Next time you need to stay in Birmingham! The trains from the NEC to the city run every few minutes and you do need more than one day to do the show justice.
ReplyDelete