Pages

Monday 1 April 2024

ROSE IS A ROSE IS A ROSE

Sorry everyone, late again!  This has been a double challenge in that, although the technique is what I had in mind, I didn't have the time to do the screen printing.  But...I found a pile of fabrics with exactly the screen I wanted to use, plus of co-ordinating fabrics using various tie-dyeing techniques.  I have no idea when I did these but I must have enjoyed myself as there are so many.  So the second challenge was to create something with what I had.



All the fabrics are cotton and hand dyed or screen printed from a thermofax screen I had made from a photo I took of a rose in my garden.  It has an iron-on wadding (I had a sample the right size and was interested in how it would work - OK).  The roses are raw-edge applique fused on with Heat-n-Bond Ultra.  It has a bound edge and measures 41.5 x 50.5 cm.

Thanks Momo - nice to use up some of the stash.

Hilary




6 comments:

  1. I like a lot. What luck with the perfect fabric. Nice idea using the Ultra Heat n Bond. Sometimes you don't want the stitching on your shapes, in your case the roses. I have some somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary a really interesting and different take on the challenge. I really like all that you have done, so well done on thinking outside the box so well. I really love your background quilting but have to ask - did you change the thread colours as you went along or did you do one side first and then the other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I did one half then the other, Oatricia.

      Delete
    2. Oops, sorry Patricia!

      Delete
  3. It's beautifully quilted, and you were lucky to find the perfect fabrics in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting and beautifully quilted piece Hilary . Rosemary

    ReplyDelete