Pages

Monday 1 April 2024

BLOOMING ROSE'S


 My title is a bit of a pun as what should have been straight forward was not.  I was all ready to go yesterday morning, however, fresh eyes and a photo and I realized it looked unfinished. Unfortunately yesterday was already planned so it had to wait until this morning. My apologies but here it is hot off the press.

I have now corded the stems and added more quilting. Applique and quilting on a whole cloth. I now have a slightly wavy border which hopefully will settle but will not be flat in the end. I can live with it. 

 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece, Phil. Your machine quilting is to die for. Love the leaves creeping over the edge. It looks like a very tactile textural piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil I really like your piece - you have really produced a beautiful piece of work so well done. I too really like the overall design, the quilting and the fact that your roses are so well executed. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilting and the way your leaves leave the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary A wonderful piece and I really like the way you have used the cording. The background quilting is superb

    ReplyDelete