Pages

Sunday 31 December 2023

AIR CURRENTS


 As torn and tatty these prayer flags so often appear I always find them colourful and quite joyful especially against the stark backgrounds.

My flags were stitched onto a cord and then stitched onto the background. They were too perfect so I needed to get them 'weather worn'. I frayed them and used dissolved water soluble fabric to manipulate and distress them.  Unfortunately my yellow fabric ran slightly. I have tried to fix it as best I can.  I can live with the result.

Piecing, applique, paint, quilting covers the techniques used. 

3 comments:

  1. What fun. I have always been fascinated by the prayer flags as they dance in the breezes. The colours are the perfect foil for the majestic mountains behind and that clear blue sky. Nice touch to make them tatty. Super piece. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun piece as the prayer flags flap and twirl in the wind. A great choice of subject and so different for this challenge. The colours stand out beautifully against the background and the fact that you made them look tatty added to the overall effect of the design. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have successfully given the impression of air currents moving through the flags. A clever interpretation.Lovely colours in the flags and I think it is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete