Pages

Saturday 6 June 2020

Having chosen the theme for this posting I was very interested to see what ideas would evolve and I was not disappointed . Everyones piece was so different and the number of different buildings which were chosen was excellent . The great part too were the friezes and sculptures which some members cleverly chose .
I was also delighted to see how many comments each piece engendered.
Last week I had open heart surgery and had my aortic valve replaced .  Being me I thought I would bounce back very quickly , doing everything I was used to doing very quickly . Much to my surprise I felt (and feel) as weak as a kitten So much so that I am opting out of comments at the moment but hope that within another week or so my energy will return to the point of being able to comment on each individual piece, because they certainly deserve that . However I thought the standard of work was very high and that everyone had put a lot of thought and expertise into their individual pieces.
How to tackle Mies van der Rohe is quite beyond me at present but I am sure ideas will flow
sometime soon.
Love and best wishes to Amanda's Mum ( a dear friend of mine) and  Mae -Britt as they gain strength.
Rosemary

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you,Rosemary and that your op was a success.First priority is to get your strength back. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, glad your op was successful and hope you regain your strength gently but soon. Thanks for a great challenge. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you recover soon Rosemary. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do take it very easy for a while, it takes a long while to recover from a major op like that. I think the next challenge is going to be tricky for a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to hear from you Rosemary. And I'm glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Do take it easy and enjoy your enforced idleness - I hope you have a good book. Just finished Station Eleven written in 2014 about a pandemic. Actually very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rosemary, now we know why you didn't have access to your computer. I am so relieved to hear the operation went well and that you are on the road to recovery. Can you be a good patient? How many times have you told your patients to be 'good'? It's lovely to hear from you, now build your strength up and take it easy. Love, Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rosemary, sorry for being slow to wish you well. My 12bythedozen messages started going to a different folder in my emails so I missed all contributions over the last week. Anyway, 5 days on now since you wrote. I hope you have got stronger each day and aren't getting too impatient with the recovery phase. Looking forward to hearing you are back to full health soon. I have passed your good wishes on to mum in an email just now and she is going to email you. Kind regards, Amanda

    ReplyDelete