Pages

Monday 10 September 2018

Gabriele Munter - Breakfast of the Birds

Whilst the emotional content of this image appealed to me, I see an artist content with her simple life, for me this challenge has been driven totally by exploring technique.


Munter didn't shy away from dark outlines, similar to those in pieces by US quilter Terry Grant and I saw an opportunity to play with creating similar marks in my piece for this challenge.

On reflection I didn't necessarily choose the best Munter work for the exercise but it's been interesting - so far. 

I've used applique, outline stitching and free machining so far but unfortunately still have some way to go. There's a whole table to fill, lot's of external detail to complete and lots more stitching to do.




2 comments:

  1. Its looking good Linda and the stitching you will add will make it and exciting piece. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing. Great that you have shared it at this stage. Looking forward to the final.

    ReplyDelete