Pages

Sunday 29 July 2018

Message from Linda F


Hi everybody. 



I've just been looking through the posts from this year, and once again am so impressed with the skill, both in interpretation and sewing, that all the members of this group have.  I'm not going to try and add any individual comments, just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed looking through all the work.



I'm still not sewing much yet - in fact my sewing machines haven't been taken out of their boxes since the move.  As you may have heard, we've had an exceptionally hot and dry summer in the UK so far this year, and I've been spending all my time in the garden on various projects.  I also have the problem of not having anywhere to store the empty boxes until we have a new garage built.  Things are moving on though, we have building permission for the garage and are just waiting build-over permission from our local water company as we are having to build rather close to one of their large pipes. 



We have decided where my new studio is going to be, but there are quite a lot of alterations to do before I can start using the room.  As we are also working on the designs for a new extension to contain the kitchen and a new open plan area for seating, plus a large patio area in the garden, the studio alterations may end up being part of the overall building work, which means they are unlikely to even start until next year.  So I'm going to be on sabbatical for a bit longer - sorry.



Our Festival of Quilts in Birmingham starts soon, and I will be spending five full days there all being well, so maybe a few ideas/inspirations will emerge from that.  Meantime I'm at least still doing a bit of hand sewing in the evenings.



Linda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Linda - it's nice that progress is ongoing - if forever too slow. (We have done three building projects, one taking two years, so I know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, I was at the Festival of Quilts in August as well. I was there for four days,all day, no classes. Did the talks, had a VIP pass , so went to the dinner, Fashion Show, wandered around and I can’t believe I never saw you there, too bad. Just happened to check this blog by chance and there you were. In case you are wondering who the heck I am , we were in Cuilte Montreal together and Beacons field as well. Take care, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete