Pages

Thursday 21 September 2017

Escher

  I went the other day to the Forney Library, which is a specialized art Library in Paris, and quite by chance found a copy of Jinny Beyer's  "Designing tessellations: the secrets of interlocking patterns", which I was able to borrow.  She explains the symmetry of them and how to make them. There is a section on Escher's complex designs and she shows how she thinks he developed some of them. It could be useful: I'm trying not to be at the last minute!

3 comments:

  1. The book sounds very interesting. Hope it does not confuse you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does seem rather complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long, long ago I did a 'tessellation' class with Susan Denton. She often used this in her skies. I am not much inspired yet - I know what I would like to do but not sure how to make it work... Good luck with the book. H

    ReplyDelete