Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Comments on my comments

I want to thank everyone who commented so kindly on my entry . I had such a hard time with this piece when I expected it to be quite easy and pleasant. I learned a lot on the way. Old acrylic paint is not a good medium if you are not sure what you are painting- oil and water color paints much more forgiving. Better not to try to cut thick fusible foam circles with a scissors . etc etc. Piece looks better in photo than real life .
I thought this entire group of entries was amazing. So varied and original. So many techniques. Congratulations to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Marion - my sympathies with acrylic paints! It will take a long time before the adventures of the Grafitti quilt wear off! We will compare notes in Houston. It is still an outstanding piece with its realism whatever it looks like in real life.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete