Pages

Thursday 26 August 2010

Seeing Red FINALLY

Hi everyone, sorry to be away so long and I can see that you have all been busy and creative... I've just been busy!!

Here is my Seeing Red piece, I am not happy with it, and I would like to re-make it, but as I'm so late it will have to do till I finish the Connections piece and get on with the new theme... which is???

Anyway, Seeing Red, the Mars Connection.  Advances in technology have meant that we can now 'see' the red planet, Mars, with more and more clarity, its getting closer and closer.  I've tried to show this with increasing larger planets, and a magnifying glass... will we ever find martians?  I mucked up the shadowing on the magnifying glass and instead of stopping and pulling it out, I kept going - only lead to an even bigger mistake!!

Catchya
Rosie

 

10 comments:

  1. Luv it .......gave me a smile! Also looks okay to me but as so have a close relationship with it you are aware of what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great use of commercial fabrics, and I like the way the shading and highlighting were done. Such a cute LGM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I still feel like I'd like to make it again!!
    Catchya
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all what I expected, Rosie, but I love it, love the humour. And your magnifying glass is great, colouring is very effective. Is the Martian underneath or painted on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! It has a real felling of depth. Can't wait to se your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. having been to the planetarium last week i can tell you that this is exactly what it looks like! LOL! i love it rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Rosie. Well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Martian is painted on the 'planet' and the magnifying glass is made of plastic. I used wonder under equivalent to stablise the silver 'stuff' but then couldnt iron it on to the background because of the proximity to the plastic, all got very messy toward the end!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosie, Your personality is "magnified" through your sense of humor and creativity; your interpretation of Seeing Red is "out of this world"; and, you have PROVED that we are not alone...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosie,

    I love it/him/the piece! Took me by surprise as I expected something completely different - shouldn't have as I should have expected the unexpected from you!

    Caitlyn and Euan love the story about aliens who love underpants - if you make it again can you please add some underpants for them? - only joking.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete