Pages

Sunday 25 October 2020

LIbrary challenge - thank you

It's been a while but I'm finally making a piece that is talking to me, and it's all down to Dianne's choice for our next challenge. Thank you. I'm thoroughly enjoying the process of choosing fabrics and filling spaces with quilting. I suspect the final piece isn't going to be too exciting but falling back in love with the process definitely is

We have an amazing library in the John Rylands Library in Manchester - https://www.library.manchester.ac.uk/rylands/visit/. There are lots of amazing images on Google, once you get past the Harry Potter shots, but the history of the library and its' collections are interesting too.

But in the end this wasn't the library for me, or at least not at the moment when a visit isn't sensible. I've moved on to a library I visited just before our UK lockdown the impact of which I can still recall.  

This badly lit photo isn't giving much away, though some may guess my inspiration source from it, but you can't have a blog post without a photo! 





4 comments:

  1. Now you have me confused. I saw the Japanese sashiko outlines and immediately thought of the Birmingham Library - https://tinyurl.com/y5qyo6ph
    Will have to put my patience pants on and wait to see what you are so enjoying.
    Thanks for spiking interest, Linda B. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I am going to add is....this is going to be interesting in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't guess your inspiration source.I used to work for the John Rylands University Library 40 years ago (eek!), though I was seconded to the geography department library for the two years I worked at Manchester University. I'm ashamed to say that I have never been into the old library. I've chosen another old Manchester library, where I was lucky enough to work, for my quilt, though I'm still trying to work out what I am going to do with the images I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are spurring me on to come up with my own design! I'm glad to hear that the topic is being successful.

    ReplyDelete