Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

My Klimt is postponed..

Despite "best laid plans", my world has been turned upside down at the moment because of the historic rains from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey that has affected so many people and homes in the Houston area. As I shared earlier, my daughter and her husband and her in-laws suffered flood damage. We have moved them all in with us and are actively helping them get their lives and homes back on track. My Klimt piece is 60% completed and I can see that I should be able to finish it within the next week...but at the moment my energies are directed to helping them.

I can't wait to see all the creations and I will announce our next artist on Friday, Sept. 1.

6 comments:

  1. Your priorities are in the right place. We are thinking of you and your family and all the rest of the people affected at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back home last night but I have been 'stuck' on a farm down in Cornwall at an exhibition without internet and worrying about you. Relieved to hear you are ok but saddened that Tensley (?) And family have been affected. Hoping all will be sorted for them soon so they can look forward to putting their lives back together again. Horrendous situation for you all. Positive thoughts flying your way. H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Venetta, what a nightmare for you all. Hopefully the situation will improve soon. Sending thoughts of love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a time for your family Venetta. And how great you were able to help out! I hope they are able to return soon without too much damage to their homes. It's going to be such a tough long haul for so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best, Venetta. You have one of the best explanations for being late. So glad you and yours are safe. Can't even begin to imagine what it is like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best to you and your family. I hope that they are able to return soon to their home.

    ReplyDelete