Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Street Life - Finished!

Having thunk until I wore my brain out inspiration hit when I went into Manchester to do a bit of shopping and got caught up in the rush hour. It's a long time since that happened to me, I used to love the buzz of the city but quite prefer the buzz of the sewing machine these days!

I had to make sure that I'd finished by this weekend as next week I'm going to Grasmere in our Lake District from Monday to Friday with a dozen other quilters to be led in a workshop by Gillian Travis who is just such a natural teacher. I've been to Glenthorne with Gillian before on a 'Retreat' so I know what to expect. The place is warm and welcoming and as you might expect very peaceful. The food is good, and there is the opportunity to have wine with dinner which I hadn't expected. My only problem is that the freshly made cakes with afternoon tea take some walking off, but that's OK as Gillian insists that everyone takes a break in the afternoon!


 

2 comments:

  1. Have fun, Linda. Do let us see some of what you achieve on Gillian's workshop please?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful retreat. I have just returned from mine - but it's simply a working 4 days - with lots of good food and nice company!

    ReplyDelete