Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Square Unsquare Challenge






This is the piece that I finished for the unsquare challenge for tomorrow night's Out of the Box meeting in Ottawa, It is composed of cheesecloth and other sheer fabrics embellished together onto batting and felt then stitched onto wire mesh. For display it is attached to a small canvas at the sides and a wire added for hanging . Some stitching through the center helps to hold the desired curve .The talisman hanging from the top is made in honour of my friends first grandson who after a premature birth is recovering from a small surgery but is doing very well in hospital. They look forward to his homecoming. This measures 10 " x 9 "

9 comments:

  1. Your piece reminds me of treasure maps and sacred scrolls. It's too bad the lighting at the local show didn't show it off to its advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your piece, Michele, and I like what the two of you are doing to present your pieces. Look forward to seeing them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful - great interpretation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the construction details. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a very restful piece Michele. I love the curve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to produce something like this in a curvy shape - it's very special. Well done.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first glance I thought your piece was a very classy tote bag. It looks so much bigger than 10 x 9. I really like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are just luminous Michele. I love it! I think this is my favourite of your recent pieces. I love the shape and the flow. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very thoughtful piece - it exudes calm. The talisman is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete