Pages

Saturday 4 June 2011

Studio tour- 2



I am particularly proud of my 12 by the dozen display, inspired by Hilary's hanging idea. It is simply 2 pieces of white cord, stitched at 13" lengths, hanging from 2 white nails in the wall. I will actually move it over and hang another section beside it when there are more finished pieces. My other pride and joy is my thread cabinet. This was Colleen's idea. The piece is from Ikea and I lined it with nonskid drawer liner from the dollar store. I love it! I open the drawers and admire my thread (organized by type) from time to time, just for the sheer pleasure of it. I also "reupholstered" by embarrassingly ragged and holey chair with an old sweater and some sweatershirt fabric I found in my stash. Instant new chair!

Unlike Heather, I didn't provide any demos or refreshments. The attendance was quite small as well, but I am very happy that I made the effort to clean and organize, and whoever did turn up seemed to enjoy the tour. I think they too enjoyed seeing my house and garden.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for the tip about non slip drawer lining. I have my threads in two plastic drawer units on wheels but the threads run around like mad. I can get the non slip stuff from the auto shop locally. I think it's the same stuff as I use to grip my quilts when I am free motion quilting (I have two small hand-sized pieces).

    Love the upholstered chair idea.

    Our hanging system idea which we have used for all our Contemporary Quilt exhibitions is extremely flexible. It is made with cheap webbing, wooden doweling and garage hooks. If anyone wants to exact details let me know.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete