Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

Three Portraits                                              

is the title of my quilt and my inspiration.

My aim was that you would never guess what my inspiration was, he,he.....




At first I looked for paintings with very little colour in them and I fell for these three wonderful portraits. I decided to incorporate them all by printing them onto fabric, add Heat and Bond then cut them in bits. I  selected the bits I wanted to use and made a pleasing arrangement (to me). Fused to a heavily quilted background, then added some machine stitching.
I meant to include no gold, but couldn’t resist, starting with the border.
Had it in my head for a long time, and it turned out exactly as I had hoped. 


Now bring on the next challenge!
Mai-Britt


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely subtle way to use these portraits. I like how you've put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really bring a whole new approach to the challenge each time. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought of the approach you took and it is truly inspirational. I associate Klimt with gold, gold and more gold, but you have brought your interpretation to a different level and incorporated not only such suble shades of colour but were brave enough to cut them up and re-arrange them on a dark background. Your interpretation is so different, and the arrangement of the various pieces work so well the whole piece has a very soothing and calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the minimalist look . So much of Klimts work is very busy and by choosing these portraits with subtle neutral colours you have pointed out another side of Klimt's work. This is a very well thought out piece, beautifully put together. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very unique spin on the subject, so refreshing! Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love what you have done. It is so 'out of the box' but it works brilliantly. Thank you, Mai-Britt. It is always good to have our imaginations stretched.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the neutral colours. I would never have guessed that it came from these portraits. I like the way that you have used the artist's work without it being so obvious as to who the artist is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an innovative way of approaching this challenge! I so appreciate "thinking out of the box" but, wow, you took it to a whole new level! Love it!

    ReplyDelete