Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Farewell

My life has just taken an interesting turn, and I am going to give up most, if not all, of my quilting connections for the next couple of years.  Basically, Mick and I agreed last night to buy a house in Castle Donington, and to sell our two current houses.  We had been looking for a suitable property since February, but could barely dream we would get this one.  It's an old house, with some modern additions, and a huge garden, all within easy walking distance of the village centre.  It's the one house in the village that I've said I would love for the past 20 years, and this is the first time it's been available in 64 years!!

On the down side, there's lots of work to be done, both before and after the move, and I won't have neither any time nor a studio for quite some time, so I'm very sadly bidding farewell to this group.  I have loved being a member since it's start, and I'm particularly sad to be leaving just before you tackle Klimt.  I shall continue to follow the group, and I will soon have more spare bedrooms available should any of you need to place to stay in this area of the UK.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you'll be leaving us, but what an exciting reason to be going.
    Fresh starts are wonderful things and it sounds as though this one was meant to happen! Good luck with your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you got the house!! I'm sorry to see you leave the group but hopefully you'll jump in and give us an opinion now and then. Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to see you go! I have always really enjoyed seeing your contributions. How exciting for you to have your dream home after so many years, congratulations!. Could you post a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, please don't forget us and please stay in touch. I hope this will only be a sabbatical and that you will return to us when you have an urge to do some textile work to maintain your sanity and to make a change from the building work. It all sounds very exciting and fortuitous - how could you not take the plunge?! Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news for you and your husband...dreams coming true! Your amazing work will be missed on this site...but once a member of "12 By the Dozen", always a member...so hoping you will stay in touch and share your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, how exciting yet how sad for us to lose you, even temporarily. Hopefully it is au revoir not goodbye. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house. Keep us in the loop...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been lovely seeing your work since our inception, but hope that you can be part of us all again when you have finally settled and are ready. All the best in your new venture and please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your dream home. It's sad to see you go. I hope that we will get to meet in person some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new season in your lives. Sad to say goodbye but what fantastic news. I ditto the request of some pics & the odd contact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big congratulations, I'm a bit behind, but I just read on Facebook that you got it 😉

    ReplyDelete