Saturday, 28 February 2015
I must admit I was completely thrown by the colour, but hopefully rose to the challenge! It took me a while to get the creative juices flowing but hopefully got there in the end.
I decided that I would do something completely different and so out of my comfort zone, although to be honest still like 'neat and tidy' which must be in the genes, so how to do something out of the box for me?
I found some hessian and then decided to do a textured design using different materials in opposition to the rough texture of the hessian. I used chiffon in the top right which I very unsuccessfully tried to burn and now wish I had used organza, but by then it was too late. I covered some of the chiffon with dyed scrim and then made cords and applied those. Thereafter stitched using varigated thread in sections and in retrospect wish I had also incorporated hand stitching to marry the stitching with the concept. However, I am relatively happy with the result and am glad I tried something different, for me anyway. Perhaps I will do something else in the future using the same background but experimenting further with the ideas I have had since finishing it, and pushing my limits further.