Pages

Sunday 30 November 2014

Robin's Nest

I actually have two pieces on the go again and the one I really wanted to have ready is taking a bit longer so here's my other one.  I searched 'turquoise' on the internet and so many wonderful images came up but this nest caught my eye.



It was such fun creating.  The tree is made up of one fabric with bits of another appliquéd on and layers of net to create the shadows.  The nest is some packaging that I squirrelled away thinking it was 'bound to be useful' (my conscience is now clear).  It is made up of shredded paper and stuff that looks like fine vine twigs.

I promise to get on with the other piece as it is something I want to do in a larger format so this is a trial to see how it will look.

Hilary

10 comments:

  1. Also love this piece. You have really nailed it with your tree and nest .. love what you have done and the eggs just scream look at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the lower part of the nest for some strange reason. It reminds me slightly of burr wood. Interesting how my reading of turquoise is much greener than yours - I wonder if this is our eyes, our brains, or possibly our computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious textures, Hilary, and such a wonderful contrast between the smooth surface of the eggs, the rough mix of the nest and the complexity of the tree bark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree and nest are wonderful. And I like the little bit of blue sky in the background - it adds just a little bit more colour to the scene. It would be nice to see this and touch it! Interesting to see how different the two colours are Linda F, yet when I compare them to the spool, they are both "right".

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree fabric is wonderful but nothing beats using a piece of squirrelled away treasure. Very nice, Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inviting! Your textural treatments are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful Hilary! Can't add anything new but my admiration for your wonderful textures. The sky is so perfect peeking behind the tree and nest. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo - this is luverley
    just love it all
    composition, colors, techniques

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you have captured the texture of the tree bark.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much detail and texture in such a small piece, I spent ages looking at the enlarged photo - can't wait to see the larger piece!

    ReplyDelete