Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

View from the pool


When Marion and I went to Houston in early November, we stayed at the Hilton for the first time. It was fantastic to be in the same building as the festival. What a revelation! One of the best parts for me was the rooftop pool. As I swam early in the morning and watched the sun come up, turning the sky from black to purple to violet to periwinkle, I knew I had found my subject for this challenge. I got my camera and lay on the pool deck to capture the view. Voila!

11 comments:

  1. Love the rhythm of the chairs, the buildings, and the window frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever mix of photography and fabric. I don't like swimming, but I think that i could make an exception for this location!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ... what luck and captured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this piece and great that you captured the very essence of what you wanted, simply and beautifully.. It works so well and looks great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The early morning swim sounds magical. Hope you had the pool to yourself at that hour to be able to savour that atmosphere. Great lines and shapes. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The piece sparkles like the photographic, great subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you were able to get the reflection of the buildings in the "glass". These colors worked perfectly for this piece! Was the water warm?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant piece, and such a good way to preserve the memory. Must have been a fabulous stay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful subject and setting for this colour. Very effedtive, especially from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great angle that you used to take the photo! and your embroidery in the water is just enough to show that it is water and that it's not still.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this piece is so effective despite there being very little contrast in color and no focal point. it works so well - the quilting is fabulous

    ReplyDelete