Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

Threads



                                                    ‘The Thread that binds us.’

When this title was given three months ago, ‘the thread that binds us’ jumped into my head.  It ruminated there until ten days ago – my wedding anniversary.  ‘Marriage – the thread that binds us’ – and away I went!
I painted a 12” square canvas board using a few drops of walnut ink mixed with gesso.  On top of that I placed a sheet of hand made textured paper.  Image transfer techniques were used to transfer my wedding photos as well as those of family members.  I finally embellished it with a piece of nylon ribbon and thread.
I loved the topic and my husband loved his anniversary gift.




10 comments:

  1. Pamela, this is so special. You have definitely had much better success with your image transfer than I did. How lovely that you were able to find a treasured home for it.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, both your work and your marriage. Congratulations on the recent anniversary. The combination of the subtle images and the red ribbon work extremely well and I'm so glad Martin liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and again you have your technique down to a fine art and agree the red ribbon finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have used the title in this way together with the red threads - this is very relevant to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you using your experience with collage to respond to this theme, Pam. Definite echoes of your past pieces using images from family and heritage. I like the way the thread extends beyond the borders of the piece: hinting at unseen generations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What more can I say - this is a very successful interpretation of our theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam gave an amazing and informative presentation on collage to the Beaconsfield Guild last month and I think everyone present was blown away by the work that she brought in to share. Pam, this is another beautiful example of your work that reflects your strong voice and emotional connection to art and history. I just love this piece, and understand why Martin loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift Pam! One of my favourites in your photo transfer series for unity, composition and use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, you always have so much emotion in your pieces. What a lovely way to portray the threads in our lives. I am looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete