Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Each small step ....

I looked at steps outside churches, up hills, on pavements, across rivers - in fact it feels as though I looked at every one of the 2,190,000,000 image results that Google offered me. And none of them sparked that something that eventually produces a quilt. I even got out the sketchbook and used some of my newly acquired skills, but to no avail. Having spent so much time on researching this challenge I decided to go back to my sketchbook course to prevent falling further behind, whilst I let the theme stew for a while.  It turns out that 'text' was the next area of study, and there suddenly a quilt was asking to be made:


11 comments:

  1. Oh so true, Linda. I like how you have used different-sized letters: the whole piece has a nice balance and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I love how the letters dance along to the beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great interpretation of this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true,simple and effective. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but very effective. The use of different letters really adds interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a positive spin on an occurence that can be so negative. I want one for my quilting studio...poster size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are full of these wise sayings, Linda B. Perfect for this theme. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone's comments. Clever, effective and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked your words and the fact that you used grey and black monochrome - colour would have been a distraction and the full meaning would not have been so effective. I too have googled many times and never found the what i have been looking for until inspirtion strikes! Well done I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete