Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

A little me time!

I had the dyes out as I needed some colours for my own personal challenge and before I tucked them away for another day I took some time out to splash some colour around ..... quite yummy , have nothing specific in mind, but they will be used down the line.

This is half of a longer piece

These next two are fat quarter size.

If I am honest with myself I am probably using distractions as I am still between two with my 'steps' piece. ....  animal ...political ??????  Need to make a decision. Take steps ! 

6 comments:

  1. lovely fun colours. Look forward to seeing them used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delicious colours! So intense! My personal dye story is that I am working on a joint project with Marion and it took 10 yes 10 tries to get the appropriate colour dyed for the background. It is a green-black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! Makes me wish I could go out and play with dyes. Fabulous results and even if you don't use them this time, what a collection to add to your stash. Distractions are good when they allow you to think and work things out a bit more clearly and if the results inspire, what better excuse?!

    I have been treating myself to some of Frieda Anderson's dyed fabrics for a CQ project on tin mining. Watch this space later this year.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours. I've been sorting through all my fabrics here to get more organised, and have found a lot of hand dyes from years ago. How I wish I had used a nicer fabric to do all my dye experiments, these are mainly on a fairly coarsely woven cotton that feels really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are so bright that it seems as if a light is shining from behind the fabric to illuminate them. What dyes/techniques did you use for these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My apologies for the delay in replying .. the site would not let me comment ? The fabric is cotton sateen bought of Heide Stoll- Weber - beautiful and I use procion fibre-reactive using Ann Johnstone's method. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete