Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Together in Houston

Dianne, Helena and Venetta met for the first time last week in Houston.  Venetta treated us to an amazing Texas style picnic lunch at the Quilt Festival - thank you, Venetta.  It was delicious and a wonderful way to spend the time getting to know each other.


 


 Standing at the back are Venetta, me and Helena.  Seated at the table are Ellen (who nearly joined the group at the beginning), Dianne, Marion (who sadly left the group) and Jean (who has just spearheaded another online group).  This is their brand new blog:  http://www.voyagearttextiles.blogspot.com/

I wonder when we will next meet up?  I still have hopes that one day the group will meet up at the Festival of Quilts in the UK - well, I can dream...

Hilary






7 comments:

  1. Put me down for the Festival of Quilts, Hilary. There has to be some compensation for missing Houston these last few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful lunch - especially meeting Venetta and her friend Cathy.

    Okay, give us the dates and we'll put it in the calendar. I hope your bunk room is ready Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks wonderful. hoping to go off to houston again next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there with you all in spirit as I watched every video I came across on the net of Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting my "soul" sisters!! It was such a treat to be together, talk "quilting", and sharing a meal! I'm sure this definition of "heaven" exists in the dictionary. Would love an ENTIRE group get together one of these days...until then, we are so fortunate to be linked "virtually". I plan to bring lunch again next year at Houston...already planning my menu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great meeting - perhaps I'll make Houston again one year. At the moment we have only one spare bed, so it might be a bit overcrowded, but I'm working on getting more bunk space. Depends when no. 1 daughter leaves our other house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic to meet up like that. Festival of Quilts 2012 is 16 to 19 August. I'm sure it can't compare to Houston in size there is still more than enough to see!

    ReplyDelete