Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Diagonale (3)

A few days ago, Pam and I learned that our pieces had been accepted into the Diagonale fund-raising auction. I waited until today to post the news because the organization's website has just now added a link to an on-line gallery, showing all 172 entries. You can visit it by going to
www.artdiagonale.org
and clicking on the red words, "Cliquez ici pour voir les images."

The images are divided into three pages, arranged alphabetically by artist. If you hover over the thumbnail, you can read the name of the artist, but if you click on the thumbnail, you can get more information, like the title, as well as a larger image.

The work submitted gives you some indication of the aesthetic of this group, which is certainly not that of your typical quilting guild. I'd say the work Pam and I submitted represents just about the most conventional approach in the gallery. I find it intriguing to see what's being done in the young, francophone sector of the city, especially as this group is partially supported by public funds.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. I'm thrilled for you both. What a dynamic and all-encompassing group to be accepted into.

    I loved Catherine de Robert's work, also Helle Derrick, Selina Doreshenko, Marie-Noelle Fontan, Stephane Langlois, Clio Padovani and Irene Boulanger-Michaud.

    I loved the presentation in perspex by Jocelyn Thibault - must remember that!

    I was surprised at how many works were presented in box frames - sign of the times?

    Of course, there were pieces where I would question the jury's taste - but that's healthy.

    Thanks for the link, Heather.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete