Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Thread Fragments

As a longarm quilter my waste paper basket is full of thread fragments.
The vest is made entirely of thread. The inner portion of steam a seam was cut in the shape of a vest. Little snipits of thread 1/4" or less were placed on top and then ironed. All the thread did not adhere so tulle was added.
The buttons are made of thread by stitching very densely onto a strong wash-away stabilizer. The remaining 3 buttons have gone astray in the bedlum of my sewing room. I'm sure most of you can relate!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing recycling and what a great result. I like that it only has the 2 buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inventive, Colleen, which is becoming your trademark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! I almost want to pick it up and wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. This is so clever. Your patience and imagination are amazing. Gold star! I also love the thought that the buttons have gone walk about.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - nice touch with the stitching for the back. And the front looks so fuzzy and comfy. Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun interpretation of the theme. How someone with the patience to make something like this can have a sewing room like mine I'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea that from small, inconsequential pieces, a complete picture can be formed! I especially marvelled in the quilting as it made the sweater(yes,I am American) look like it is laying on the top of a bed comforter, being laid out for the day's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete