Pages

Friday 26 August 2011

BACK HOME


I have been home a week and slowly things are getting back to normal.  I had a wonderful time in the UK and as usual Hilary had me busy with some wonderful things.  The biggest surprise was the workshop on Collagraphy (Collography)..... never heard of before and am totally smitten. These are a couple of results.

It seems some of you have been having great fun with wonderful results at summer school and congrats to the Vitamin C Quilt makers.

The  reality is I now need to complete my 'fragment' piece which was and still is on paper and needs to now happen!  I must say I saw lots of other possibilities over the 3 weeks away whether in reality or at the Quilt Show but I need to put those ideas aside for another time and get moving.

6 comments:

  1. I love your pieces Phil. How big are they? They almost look like fragments themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy pieces Phil. I'm glad you had such a good visit with Hilary and found the festival so stimulating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prints themselves are each approx 12" x 3". My aim now is to manipulate the technique to be able to transfer onto fabric without a 'press'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting technique...I am curious how so much is accomplished is such a small space. And the texture bits that are hanging off...what did you use? How 'bout Hilary...any pieces to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can use just about anything provided they are not multi sided and have sharp edges. We used dried herbs, masking tape, gauze, seeds, grasses, lace, corrugated cardboard, sequin waste, fresh leaves, string etc. The base piece is a strip of picture mounting board which you can cut into plus stick on top off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such fun. Considering we had a short morning to prepare the little boards with virtually no knowledge base to work on and then, a few days later, an afternoon printing I think we did well. I'm certainly pleased with my results and will post them later.

    As Phil says, the challenge now is to work out how to get really good results on fabric. Vanessa has offered to spend some time together experimenting with various inks and different fabric treatments. Watch this space.

    The pasta machine that I bought on eBay will be tested as a printing press at some stage but we could see problems in that this model feeds in from the top and not at all like a real printing press.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete