Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

'Fresh.'



The faces of my children and all children symbolize the meaning of 'fresh' for me - fresh, young, new, innocent - always beautiful.
The idea that I originally had was to interpret a photo of fresh leaves after the rain taken by a friend of mine in Hiroshima Prefecture in 2005. That changed when a few of my colleagues mentioned that they wanted to hang their 'Fresh' piece in our recent Text'art exhibition and time was not on my side.
I enjoyed the spontaneity and abandon with which I made this piece - it has a lightness about it which I found very 'refreshing' especially in the context of the subject matter of my work in general.
Good luck with the next challenge.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. We've just been to stay with our young grandchildren and 'fresh' describes exactly how they look when they wake in the morning, when all the ups and downs of the previous day are erased and they are ready for a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a happy piece, a break from all the other things that are going on in the world. The way children should live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much of your work has a serious quality to it, Pam, and that makes this piece all the more "fresh" in contrast. And yet you have managed to draw on your theme of "family" at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing this piece in the 'flesh' a few weeks ago. A very original interpretation of the theme - can't wait to see what you do with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela, you always managed to make me sit up and think deeper. Children are so fresh and innocent - what a simple but very special interpretation.

    Thank you,

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so authentic to who you are! I so enjoy seeing snippets of your life expressed through your art...thank you for sharing these pictures and stories with us. Children are nature's way of getting a "fresh" start on life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely interpretation of fresh ....who would not agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fresh beautiful faces dear to you. As always, a pleasure to see what you have come up with, such an expression of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture of innocence and what a great family keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete