Pages

Friday 13 May 2011

Celebrating 5


I was invited to make a small quilt to celebrate the 5th birthday of a really good German patchwork magazine.  The editor is an old friend from the days when I was working in the patchwork shop in Frankfurt.  I didn't want to do anything with fizz and pop and it took a while to reach a decision but this is my little 20" square contribution.  The shapes are individual and are attached with beads between them and the black quilted background so that they stand proud and represent various fonts and symbols for 5 from around the world. 

Anyway, it is in the post and winging its way to Germany to join all the others.

Hilary

7 comments:

  1. Very clever and a great success, Hilary. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent interpretation Hilary and very distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphic! Bold! It may not have fizz but it surely pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite, Hilary. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just an amazing piece of work. Wish I could see it and touch it because it looks very textured. Beautiful. I love it and wish I could do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this Hilary! It's colourful and fun, and pops from the (virtual) page.

    ReplyDelete