Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Green Graffiti


It seems crazy that I am excited about some graffiti that has popped up on my doorstep but as you can see it is what they call 'green' graffiti.  This is my local bridge about 500m away from me, not a large bridge, so they had limited space to work on.  They call themselves the 'Bob Squad'.  The birds are on one side and the fish & birds on the other. It started in Durban during the build up to the  soccer world cup and a group of designer graduates calling themselves 'Dutch Ink' went around at night sprucing up dirty areas.  There are a number of pics on the website http://www.skyscrapercity.com/.  Their work is brilliant.

2 comments:

  1. I love this kind of graffiti - it's part clean up, part making people aware just how grubby our cities and towns are. What's not to like about making our environments more cheerful and bringing a smile to our faces in a green way? I wish the kids would take to it instead of using paint...

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete