Pages

Tuesday 25 January 2011

So .... structure

My first thought was buildings, those that show their construction like this exhibition building at Chatham Historic Dockyard:

I love the interplay of the beams and though I'm sure this will appear in a quilt one day, it seems too obvious for this challenge.  So something a little more obscure perhaps, then I remembered seeing data structure diagrams on our network technicians desk:

This is actually the structure of a website I set up when my daughter got married several years ago. if you want to see the structure of this blog or any other website visit http://www.aharef.info/static/htmlgraph/  

But I've shared these ideas with you so I can't possibly use them as there wouldn't be a surprise! So how do other 'Dozen' members go about selecting an idea?

2 comments:

  1. Those are nice suggestions, Linda. I guess buildings or constructs are a natural for "structure". Trying to step outside the box is the hard part though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My natural instincts, having been an architectural draughtswoman, were towards buildings. I also love Jeanne Williamson's work based on the plastic grid that you often find on building sites.

    Then I am quite tempted to explore using my embroidery unit (as I had originally envisaged using it) and pushing the boundaries between quilting and embroidery...

    Sometimes trying to be clever for my own good is a block!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete