Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

OWN BLOG!

Oh well, I have joined the masses (something I swore I would not do) and started my own blog - prompted by big sis.  Why .....because my personal challenge this year is to take a picture a day for 365 days. Note... I am not a photographer and have a very simple but small digital camera. Why? Just because! Pictures of what?  Anything and everything. I suppose it is an incite into my daily life which is very strange as I tend to be quite private. I like my 'me' space.  Obviously when away for the day, holidays, I may take more than one picture so will choose one for the blog, hence the one I am sharing with you is not the one on the blog for yesterday.  I noticed this tree on my way out of a fellow quilters garden yesterday. I have never seen the flowers before, am not sure if it is indigenous but will get onto it today.  This is quite a culture challenge for me as I have not been one that carries my camera around with me all the time or have it so accessible at home. Also to mentally remember to catch that moment!  Having great fun ! Hilary has added my link.

1 comment:

  1. OK, my shoulders are big enough! It's easy enough to throw these challenges out to others when you don't have to do them yourself.

    I think it's a great idea as it makes you look around you more. I would need to get another camera as my beloved Olympus is way too big to be carting around all the time. Well, that's my excuse!

    Do let us know what the flower is. To me it looks like a member of the Grevillea family or a Banksia.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete