Pages

Sunday 17 October 2010

Finally, but not quite.  I have yet to put a border on it, but otherwise it is done.  Sorry it's so late.  Sometimes procrastination has the effect of stimulating creativity and speeding up the process, but this time I got lost in my idea.  This is not at all where I started out.  I was going to do one showing generations of women in my family as a mirror image to one of my daughters.  Which requires more expertise in photoshop elements than I have right now, and after changing the mirror angles, I needed another shot of my daughter - we'll get there yet.

This is based on a piece of textile art that I bought by Michelle Dobrin.  I think it's a wonderful way to use photo images - and I have so many that I would like to do!  This particular photo is of a lake on a golf course south of Montreal.  One of my quilt groups meets at a nice hotel (off season - in November) and a friend and I go walking early in the morning, often just as the sun is rising, and the mist is lifting off the lake.

6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, Dianne, and well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful, Diane. So calm and beautiful. Worth waiting for.
    I am glad that I am not the only one who is challenged and frustrated with Photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful reflections. i love your choice of the other fabrics especially the background color. well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. What a good way to incorporate photos into work. Must try it when I'm back in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne,

    It is beautiful! Well worth waiting for. I am blown away by it. Many thanks indeed.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Dianne. I have just returned from a week in our Drakensberg and had a couple of misty mornings over the dams with the most wonderful reflections.

    ReplyDelete