Pages

Monday 20 September 2010

suitcases

Um, no, I haven't started my Reflections challenge yet. Ten days? No problem!



Here are two little suitcases that I picked up at a local charity sale for $40. Do you think they might be WWII vintage? They are made of leather and canvas, and they're in pretty good shape. The hardware is nice and shiny and works smoothly. The smaller one measures 10" x 15.5" x 4.5".

I find these little pieces very evocative. What stories could they tell? I may end up collaging them in some way, but I don't want to rush the process.

2 comments:

  1. Leather and canvas and in good working order - what a find! They make me think of Kenya and the colonial shenanigans of 'Out of Africa' - now there are some tales to tell...

    They are quite small, aren't they?

    Enjoy,

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son found a wonderful old suitcase ( maybe a little larger than yours) and he uses it in their entertainment area for CDs , DVDs etc. Useful and looks great too.

    ReplyDelete