Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Dyeing and discharging

With several of you having an awful lot of fun down at Dianne's cottage with the indigo vat and soy waxing I pass on this link to Gloria Hansen's blog about her recent dyeing and discharging workshops.  The results are fabulous.  You must scroll down to the end as there is so much.

http://www.gloriahansen.com/weblog/?cat=37

I'm wondering if some of those pieces you are creating might somehow be 'reflections' and appear in the next challenge pieces....   Anyway, it would be lovely to see some images when you all come down to earth please.

Hilary

1 comment:

  1. Just finished looking at the Gloria Hansen website. Inspirational. As for using a shibori piece from our indigo dyeing for a Reflections challenge, yes, there was a particular piece that strongly suggested reflections to me. I called it as I opened it up for a first look and now I am itching to get to it. Dianne suggests we wait a week before rinsing out the fabric. I would rather not rinse it at all, but the dye is transferring a little just through handling, so it's going to need at least a quick rinse.

    ReplyDelete