Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

WE CONNECT - YOU CAN


Mweb, one of our main internet servers has the slogan 'We connect - You Can'. Although a lot of our rural areas still have no running water, electricity along with cell phones and broadband connections , the world has become much more accessible for these people and has enabled them to connect with their families all over the world. Their living quarters may be quite basic but most homes have TV aerials and /or satelite dishes and the majority of the people have cell phones.
Background painted with silk paints on cotton; enhanced with shiva sticks and fabric paints; applique and free motion stitching.

Great fun!



6 comments:

  1. Where exactly is this village? Your use of many techniques makes me feel as if I'm just looking over a hill. It is an interesting juxtaposition of rural life and it's link to the electronic world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil,

    I love it! Makes me feel very homesick. Perfectly captured the feel of rural Africa.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work, Mom! When's your next piece going up? You do one of yours (your way) and I'll do one myself (my way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murray, what a brilliant idea: you producing a piece of art to our theme - Seeing Red! You are hereby officially invited - and I'm sure I speak for all the others.

    Anyone else got family who could be persuaded to participate?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brill idea, might be able to get mine to participate 'photographically' :)

    Catchya
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete