Pages

Thursday 31 December 2009


Season's greetings to you all. I've just spent a week in the peace and quiet of the Quebec countryside with my husband, daughter and her fiancee and am feeling recharged for the year ahead! I've had a few ideas for the Connected piece, but have yet to start the detailed design process. In the meantime, I thought I'd try my hand at posting some photos.

Here's the cottage where we stayed, right on the edge of a l
ake/river. Temperatures varied from +2, which allowed us to make snowmen, to -22 (-8 F)!!
We walked (and fell) in the woods around the cottage whilst snow shoeing, tried the hot tub, and read lots. We also ate and drank too much, and generally enjoyed ourselves. This is a wonderful country to live in, though if you get fed up with lakes and trees quickly you might not enjoy it quite
so much. And at this time of year, with snow and ice glistening in the sun, it is magical. I feel very lucky to have had the last year here, and, hopefully, the whole of 2010 still to come!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the "Great White North", Linda. It can be truly wonderful.
    I enjoyed the pictures. Happy NY.. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are feeling so inspired and thanks for the pics, makes me feel a little cooler, although 33 degrees at 7pm is a teeny bit hard to take!!

    Catchya
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures, Linda. We have been spared the snow down here in Dorset and this morning the temperature was a measely minus 3 degrees C.

    It is a beautiful country and I am very envious of your opportunity to spend time there and get to know the countryside. We thoroughly enjoyed Ray Meare's TV series on Canada and the great discoverers who contributed to the making of the nation.

    Enjoy,

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete